To provide a stable, secure education for your children. Anchorage according to the Oxford dictionary means ‘the action of securing something to a base or the state of being secured’.
We would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of this land, the Gweagal Peoples of the Dharawal Nation, on which we learn, laugh and play.
To create and offer a stable and secure environment where children are supported to dream big, to wonder and to explore. A space where autonomy and confidence are fostered and each individual child’s well being, curiosity and development is the priority.
- Sustainability: Encouraging children to explore with an eco-logical perspective rather than an ego-logical perspective.
- Connecting to and Caring for Country: We pay our respects to Elders, past, present and emerging for they hold the valuable knowledge, memories, traditions and connection to this land. When embarking on River Kindy adventures, the children know to only take what is needed and provided naturally by the land.
- Children as Confident Thinkers: Encouraging children to lead the learning journey and focus on the process rather than the final product.
- Children as Risk Assessors and Risk Takers: Our role as Educators is to remove the hazards and allow children to challenge themselves through their own play, whether it be climbing a tree, observing a mud crab or using driftwood and sticks to create a teepee.
- Nature Pedagogy: Developing a nature pedagogy requires Educators to develop values that place nature at the centre of everything they do, every day.
At Anchorage Early Learning we enrich children’s learning and development by providing a supportive and stimulating environment where they can build confidence in themselves and their developing abilities. We encourage all children to learn through play by allowing them to be curious, inquisitive and to master new skills through exploring and challenging themselves. We believe that building strong relationships with each child and their family is vital to ensure consistency and stability for children, while using an inclusive and holistic pedagogical approach to early education to support each child’s needs.
As Educators, we foster children to use their imagination and curiosity while introducing the environment as the third teacher to instill a deeper understanding and respect for the natural environment. Through River Kindy we facilitate each child right to connect with nature as we believe this is central to their understanding of not only themselves but the world around them.
We value our natural surroundings and believe it is important to embrace our environment by implementing our program outside whenever possible as well as engaging in wet weather play, learning to utilise shade on warmer days, and taking in the peaceful river views on every day in between. Children’s learning is integrated and interconnected with their learning at home and within the surrounding community. We are committed to genuine collaborative relationships between families, the community, and early childhood professionals that enhance children’s well being learning and development.